It’s bathing suit season, which can be daunting when it comes to shopping for new bikinis, but I’m pumped to have come across JUNGLEGURL, an amazing line of suits that are all made from vintage fabrics. Designer, Natalie Golonka, had me immediately when I read her story online. Her first sentence? “I just want to help women love their bodies.” I love that! Though you never go out in public as bare as when you’re in a bikini, she aims to help you rock it and be confident.
Golonka is a former model and actress who acquired tons of vintage fabrics during her travels around the globe. She uses these to make, one-of-a-kind recycled bikinis. She gets inspiration from things like her childhood in Fiji, Hawaii where her father lives, her more recent European trips. Golonka aims to embody a way of life in her swimsuits and I’m totally on board!
I’m partial to JUNGLEGURL’s “Lookbook 2,” which you’ll find on their website. It places a stunning, freckled-face model in a variety of bikinis in amazing locations. They get me in the mood to travel! JUNGLEGURL swimsuits are the perfect basic bikini made interesting by way of fabulous fabrics that you won’t see anyone else wearing. Perhaps I just have summer fever, but I’m ready to rock and roll to the beach wearing one of these.
You Might Also Dig:
- A Summer Wedding in Iowa
- Easy Street Stripes on Fashioning Change
- Introducing Hearts: To Launch Fall 2012
- Green Your Look: Sustainable Summer Stripes
- Build Your Block With Pillows
- Green With Envy: Olga Olsson Retro Bikini
- JUNGLEGURL: Vintage Fabric Bikinis
- Sustainable Beachside Totes for a Sizzling Summer
- Nina Z Clogs: For Retro Summer Style
- Bring It to the People Pop Up Shop