Not sure if you gals are aware, but Valentine’s Day is right around the corner! That might excite some of you or make you cringe, but whether or not you’re in a meaningful relationship, dating, semi-dating someone, hookin’ up or just shopping for your friends, we thought we’d give you a roundup of awesome eco-friendly gifts.
1. Clarity Project Stud Earrings: Fairly sourced, all profits go to mining communities and they’re set in reclaimed platinum. Gorgeous and special.
2. 100 Year Old Love Letters, $6.95: Complete with original stamps and original love, this is super special and such a unique gift.
3. Vintage Record Sleeve Journal, $22: Give a gal something that encourages her to wax poetic and share her intimate thoughts on private pages. Maybe even write the first entry! We love the variations in the vintage record sleeves.
4. Clare Bare Eco Lingerie, $26-102: Choose some sexy lingerie for yourself, your girlfriend, or lingerie-lacking friend. Clare Bare makes all their items with bamboo jersey and vintage fabrics. Lovely and sexy!
5. Vintage Jewelry Box, $19.95: This is gorgeous, heart-shaped and original, not to mention it can hold all that jewelry from Valentine’s Days past.
6. Clay Pot Candles, $18: For a romantic good time, or just for the candle connoisseur, these fair trade clay pot candles from Swaziland benefit AIDS orphans and a variety of poverty alleviation programs.
7. Guitar String Ring, $15: Christopher Stiles makes these forget-me-not type rings from recycled, sometimes broken, guitar strings sourced from local music shops in California where he lives. These are great for a friend or a lover.
1. Rolling Stones Wine Club, $39.95 per shipment: For the wine and music lover, get them one or more shipments of wine that is created to reflect and interpret amazing and classic music. Wines That Rock embraces sustainable practices with 100% green power (solar & wind), eco-friendly packaging and carbon neutrality. Drink, listen and be merry.
2. Alternative Apparel Red Hoodie, $50: When things are not that serious or the man just loves a freakin’ hoodie, gift him this natural fleece alternative zip-up in the bold color red.
3. Pangea Organics Massage & Body Oil, $19.95: What man doesn’t love a massage? Valentine’s Day is really about showing the love sans materialism, so lather up your palms with this organic oil and get to work.
4. Love Is Art Kit, $60: Bring the canvas to the bedroom with this non-toxic art kit. Yes, that’s right. Make a one-of-a-kind portrait of your love to hang for the years to come. Romantic, kind of kinky and a great way to spend your Valentine’s night together.
5. Jambox Charity:Water Edition, $200: A sweet, high quality speaker for the electronic junky where $50 of each purchase goes to supporting staff and operations that bring clean and safe drinking water to those in need. Jam out, give back.
6. Write a Love Letter: While you can buy someone nice things to show them you care, nothing is better than a heartfelt love letter — or like letter, for that matter — on Valentine’s Day. Pour your heart out onto the (recycled) page and let your man know exactly how he makes you feel.
We hope that helps you prep for the 14th! If all else fails, sometimes a simple, big, fat hug does the trick.
Love, love and more love,
Bree and Zanna
You Might Also Dig:
- A Summer Wedding in Iowa
- Easy Street Stripes on Fashioning Change
- Introducing Hearts: To Launch Fall 2012
- Green Your Look: Sustainable Summer Stripes
- Build Your Block With Pillows
- Green With Envy: Olga Olsson Retro Bikini
- JUNGLEGURL: Vintage Fabric Bikinis
- Sustainable Beachside Totes for a Sizzling Summer
- Nina Z Clogs: For Retro Summer Style
- Bring It to the People Pop Up Shop
- Cameron on JUNGLEGURL: Vintage Fabric Bikinis
- best family us beach vacations all inclusive on Faboo Flats for a Sunny and Sustainable Spring
- Madera county sheriff candidate on Dusty Rose Vintage Handbag Giveaway!
- Kandis on Kork-Ease for Spring 2012
- defends girlfriend on Green with Envy: KAZMOK The Principal