So, today everyone already has their Best and Worst dressed list up from last night’s Academy Awards. Well, I found it quite easy today to pick my two favorite women (standing together, above, in the blurry camera photo(?)) as they were the only two ladies to rock eco-friendly gowns at the Oscars.
As part of the Green Carpet Challenge both Livia Firth, and her most recent recruit, Meryl Streep, wore gowns of the sustainable persuasion.
Here they are in all their glory, proving you can wear killer looks and still be responsible. We just wish more celebs would jump on the bandwagon!
Livia’s gown is a custom Valentino made with recycled PET fabric and Valentino’s house silk. Meryl’s gold confection is a custom Lanvin made with Eco Certified Fabric sourced with help from the GCC.
Did you watch?
You Might Also Dig:
- A Summer Wedding in Iowa
- Easy Street Stripes on Fashioning Change
- Introducing Hearts: To Launch Fall 2012
- Green Your Look: Sustainable Summer Stripes
- Build Your Block With Pillows
- Green With Envy: Olga Olsson Retro Bikini
- JUNGLEGURL: Vintage Fabric Bikinis
- Sustainable Beachside Totes for a Sizzling Summer
- Nina Z Clogs: For Retro Summer Style
- Bring It to the People Pop Up Shop